[mapserver-dev] Code freeze on May 30th, still possible?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue May 27 15:12:49 EDT 2008

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: We had discussed a code freeze at the end of the week. Looking at trac we still have 165 open tickets (119 closed which is nice) and only 5
> of those are documentation tickets so there is clearly at lot still to do. I'd like to ask all folks with bugs to please take a pass through their stuff and
> update, close or defer all tickets so we really know where we stand. If that could be done in the next 24 hours or so then we can assess the likelihood
> of a freeze on Wed. I know I have a few tickets that I am waiting for comment from other devs before choosing a path and if those can be handled
> as well I would appreciate it.

I support the freeze date that was set and I realize that I own many of 
the pending tickets, but unfortunately I have been unable to put serious 
time on MapServer bugs in the last couple of weeks, and don't think I'll 
be able to do so before the week of June 9 (I'm on the road most of next 
week and have a bunch of fires to put out before leaving).

I don't think you should delay the freeze just for me, I don't have any 
important development pending and I'll try to go through my list of 
tickets early in the beta period.

Talking of killing tickets, who is going too be at the OS Boot Camp in 
Ottawa next week (http://www.osbootcamp.org/index.php?page=osbc6)? I 
will be there and I believe the Tuesday is allocated for BOFs and Code 
Sprints. I am not aware of the formal plans for that day (anyone on this 
list knows?), but if anyone is interested we could get together on the 
Tuesday morning for a MapServer Ticket Sprint and try to kill as many 
tickets as possible.

Daniel Morissette

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list