[mapserver-dev] BBOX filter and srsName

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 5 21:46:46 EST 2008

Bart,

The test I have is a a basic test coming in part from msautotest and
looks like this and is giving expected result:

...SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=popplace&FILTER=<Filter><BBOX><PropertyName>POINT</PropertyName><Box><coordinates>2279299,39848
2279599,39868</coordinates></Box></BBOX></Filter>

Could you please provide me the filter that you are using and I can
check it here.

Assefa

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi Assefa,
>
> yes that's what I meant, but AFAICT this is not happening for BBOX. If
> the srsName is not there (in the gml:Box part), the selection/filter is
> not applied.
>
> For things like Intersect it works like that already. You can leave out
> the srsName and the map srs is assumed.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
>> bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> AFAICT Mapserver depends on the srsName attribute of a gml:Box in a BBOX
>>> Filter, but this is optional for geometries which are not a collection.
>>>

>> Bart,
>>
>> If the srs is not provided as part if the gml:Box, the coordinates
>> should be used as is and are assumed to be in the map projection. Is
>> this what you meant?
>>
>>> Can anybody confirm this?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Bart