[mapserver-dev] NODATA value problem

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:05:06 EST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 8:53 AM, bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am using the GDAL ArcSDE raster driver, but the NODATA values are
> mapped
> to 0. I only found this post from 2006:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-December/011195.html
>
> but could not track a bug.
>
> Has this been fixed?
> If not, would it require changes to Mapserver?
> If not, would it require changes to GDAL (the GDAL ArcSDE driver
> says it
> does not support NODATA masks, but I am not sure if this relates to my
> problem)?
>
> TIA.

Bart,

I think this is the GDAL SDE driver's problem.  I tabled nodata
support in the SDE driver because at the time, Frank was working on
the masking RFC, SDE supported masks, and I wanted to wait until that
work was done before doing anything.  The SDE raster driver needs to
be updated to handle its nodata data, and ideally interact with GDAL's
masking facilities.

Howard