[mapserver-dev] IGNORE_MISSING_DATA

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Oct 9 16:30:43 EDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Submitted:
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/trunk/mapserver/rfc/ms-rfc-47.txt

Paul,

This looks good.

> Thoughts on the actual configuration mechanism, would be most appreciated.

I presume that you are asking how to get the compile time option to be
reflected in the code?

#ifdef IGNORE_MISSING_DATA
    map->on_missing_data = MS_LOG;
#else
    map->on_missing_data = MS_FAIL;
#endif

and something similar wherever the layer object os created and
initialized to its default values.

And in the configure script, --enable_ignore_missing_data just needs to add

-DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA to the list of defines passed to the complier.

-Steve W.