[mapserver-dev] FW: MapServer enhancements/refactoring project

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:07:19 EDT 2009

Daniel and All,

I think we should make this move, though it requires quite a big effort!  It
would be a good chance to reconsider and refactor the code into pure java
classes which could easily make the project well maintainable. I expect we
could gain at least 4-5 times faster code by relying on a proper runtime
with a GC incorporated in.

I could easily pick up 4-5 well skilled java developers from Hungary with a
modest rate to help you out in implementing the bulk of the code, and
hopefully many other folks will join as a contributor as soon as the project
will live in production.

Best regards,

Tamas