[mapserver-dev] FW: MapServer enhancements/refactoring project

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:17:03 EDT 2009

Benoit,

There's a big community around java in the geospatial world which cannot be
ignored easily. I do also think that .NET rocks, but java is more widely
used at the moment. I think the real benefit of this change would be to
establish a feasible object model (based on the MapServer implementation and
features) which could easily transformed to a compatible java or .NET
classes to provide compatible implementations and cover the widest audience.

Best regards,

Tamas