[mapserver-dev] mapscript_csharp: using STYLEITEM "AUTO"

Prakash Tilhoo prakashtilhoo at astuntechnology.com
Thu Apr 16 13:19:10 EDT 2009

Tamas,

Thank you very much for your usual reply.

When I do classObj cls = new classObj(layer), I get default Label style
sections created in map file.

1) Example 1

STYLEITEM "AUTO"
CLASS
       NAME "Elevation Poly 5"
END
END # Layer

I understand that cls.name <http://cls.name> = "Elevation Poly 5"; will
give the above, along with other things mentioned above.

2) Example 2

STYLEITEM "AUTO"
CLASS
    color 255 255 255
END
END # Layer

Doing

styleObj style = new styleObj(cls);
style.setRGB(255,255,255);

will give something like below in map file:

STYLEITEM "AUTO"
CLASS
    Style
        color 255 255 255
   END
END
END # Layer

QUESTION:

Will these additional entries in the map file affect the 'mapserver'
rendering or will it be same as it would be with two plain above examples ?

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can do something like:
>
> layer.styleitem = "AUTO";
> classObj cls = new classObj(layer);
> cls.name <http://cls.name> = "Elevation Poly 5";
> styleObj style = new styleObj(cls);
> style.setRGB(255,255,255);
>

> Best regards,
>
> Tamas
>

> 2009/4/16 prak <prakashtilhoo at astuntechnology.com
> <mailto:prakashtilhoo at astuntechnology.com>>
>

>     Hello everyone,
>
>     I am using mapscript_csharp to provide user with ability to edit
>     map file.
>
>     However, for a layer with setting 'STYLEITEM "AUTO"', there is no
>     'classobj', but can have entries in map file that look like;
>
>     1) Example 1
>
>     STYLEITEM "AUTO"
>     CLASS
>            NAME "Elevation Poly 5"
>     END
>     END # Layer
>
>     2) Example 2
>
>     STYLEITEM "AUTO"
>     CLASS
>         color 255 255 255
>     END
>     END # Layer
>
>     Using map script, if I do classObj ocls = new classObj(layerObj),
>     the map file will get a 'class' section, but then how can entries
>     like in above examples be 'insertted' using  mapscript_csharp ?
>
>     Look forward to your usual and kind advice and help.
>
>     Kind Regards
>     --

Regards

Prakash Tilhoo