[mapserver-dev] AGG dependency

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Sat Apr 25 07:54:00 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

Great initiative you had here. I've just tested it. Build went well.
For python build, I had to modify setup.py at line 87 for it to find
mapserver-config :
-- def get_config(option, config='mapserver-config'):
++def get_config(option, config='../../mapserver-config'):

After build went on, import mapscript rises an error :
 File "mapscript.py", line 81, in <module>
    MS_VERSION_MAJOR = _mapscript.MS_VERSION_MAJOR
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MS_VERSION_MAJOR'

Please note I didn't run python setup.py install, but only ran python
console from where mapscript.py was. I'm running Python 2.5.2 on Ubuntu 8.4

Did I miss something ?

Regards

Guillaume