[mapserver-dev] History lost on RFCs in SVN trunk

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Aug 26 17:38:21 EDT 2009

Guys,

I just noticed that in the reorganization of the docs to support
multiple languages in svn trunk, the history of the RFCs has been lost.
This may not be a big deal for docs in general, but for RFCs I find that
the history is kind of important.

Here is what we used to get before the change (in branch-5-4):

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/log/branches/branch-5-4/docs/development/rfc/ms-rfc-1.txt?action=follow_copy&rev=9033&stop_rev=0&mode=follow_copy

And here is what we get in SVN trunk now for the same RFC:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/log/trunk/docs/en/development/rfc/ms-rfc-1.txt?action=follow_copy&rev=9033&stop_rev=0&mode=follow_copy

It should have been possible to maintain the history using "svn copy" if
I'm not mistaken. Am I the only one to care about SVN history? Is it
worth trying to fix this?

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/