[mapserver-dev] 5.6.0 release done, and 5.6 SVN branch created

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 4 17:33:49 EST 2009

Hi Dev's,

I have packaged the 5.6.0 release a few minutes ago, the package is
available on the download site at
http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-5.6.0.tar.gz.

I will wait until around Monday to update the website and send the
official announcement. This will leave time to the binary package
maintainers to prepare new packages for 5.6.0, and I'll try to run the
final announcement through this list if I have time to get some feedback
before sending it.

I have also created the 'branch-5-6' stable branch in SVN, this means
that trunk is open for development again (labelled as 5.7-dev), and
fixes aimed at 5.6.1 should be done in the branch (and in trunk).

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/