[mapserver-dev] 5.6.0 release done, and 5.6 SVN branch created

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Dec 5 13:28:35 EST 2009

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi Dev's,
>
> I have packaged the 5.6.0 release a few minutes ago, the package is
> available on the download site at
> http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-5.6.0.tar.gz.
>
> I will wait until around Monday to update the website and send the
> official announcement. This will leave time to the binary package
> maintainers to prepare new packages for 5.6.0, and I'll try to run the
> final announcement through this list if I have time to get some feedback
> before sending it.
>
> I have also created the 'branch-5-6' stable branch in SVN, this means
> that trunk is open for development again (labelled as 5.7-dev), and
> fixes aimed at 5.6.1 should be done in the branch (and in trunk).

An MS4W addon package now exists for 5.6.0.  The release announcement
could include the following text:

********
Existing MS4W 3.0 users can upgrade to this MapServer 5.6.0 release by
following instructions at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=RELEASE_mapserver_ms4w3.x_dev-5.6.0.html
********

I haven't sent an email to MS4W-users, but will do so after the official
MapServer announcement is made.

-jeff