[mapserver-dev] Inline FONT references

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 8 17:36:02 EST 2009

Devs,

I'm giving the QGIS dev team feedback on the MapServer Export tool
(which has ability to export 'views' from QGIS to a mapfile).  One thing
they need to do is to export fonts for labeled features into a mapfile.
  They are wondering if there is any way possible to have an inline font
in the mapfile (similar to how we can have an inline symbol, not
referenced to an external symbol file).  Since I believe the answer is
'no, can't be done', can we suggest some ways to help the QGIS devs
through this issue?

Thoughts?

-jeff