[mapserver-dev] build problem: curl version and CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH

Martin Kofahl M.Kofahl at gmx.net
Mon Dec 14 06:45:32 EST 2009

Hi,
in the logs I found the message "HTTP request error. CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH not supported. Requires Curl 7.10.7 and up. *_proxy_auth_type setting ignored." but configure says

checking for curl-config... checking for curl-config... /usr/local/bin/curl-config
        found libcurl version 7.19.4
        OGC WMS Client Connections enabled (-DUSE_WMS_LYR).
        OGC WFS Client Connections enabled (-DUSE_WFS_LYR).

In curl.h (and there's only one on the system) CURLOPT_PROXYAUTH should be defined, so I wonder what's going wrong here.
  /* Set this to a bitmask value to enable the particular authentications
     methods you like. Use this in combination with CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD.
     Note that setting multiple bits may cause extra network round-trips. */
  CINIT(PROXYAUTH, LONG, 111),

Martin