[mapserver-dev] labeling weirdness in trunk

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 14 08:40:53 EST 2009

Hi,

 There was change made as part re. angle setting for text symbolizers
(http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2806). This was done before the
5.4 release. The default setting for angles is AUTO for texts used with
line features. It is also possible to set the angle to 0 and FOLLOW
depending on the parameters used in the test symbolizer (see not on it
it  http://mapserver.org/ogc/sld.html). Note that SLD 1.1 introduces the
IsAligned parameter which specifically deal with this issue and if it is
set to false, the angle would be set to 0.

regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca