[mapserver-dev] Any reaction to the 5.4 release plan?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Feb 4 10:23:39 EST 2009

Sorry for the lack of reply to your initial email. I liked the dates
that you had proposed (to release what's currently in SVN trunk by early
March) and didn't have much to add.

With respect to Assefa's comment, I thought it would be best to wrap up
5.4 before the sprint so that we can focus on new/6.0 stuff in Toronto.
If 5.4 is still in the way and the source has not been branched yet for
5.4 then I fear that will reduce our ability to make real progress in
the code sprint (i.e. major changes just before a release is dangerous).

Daniel

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
> I was actually checking it and trying to understand if any of the work
> planned in Toronto will be part if the 5.4 release. From this schedule,
> It seems that it won't. I would propose to do a feature freeze at the
> end of the code sprint or  shortly after so some things can fit in this
> 5.4 release.
> My main goals for the code print:
>   - finalize my part for the 5.4 release
>   - engage discussion the rendering (mainly pdf) in terms of having
> something suitable for a profession printing needs.
>
> Assefa
>

> Steve Lime wrote:
>> Not sure what absolute silence means...
>>
>>   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/54ReleasePlan