[mapserver-dev] Rendering a circle with the specified size as the default symbol

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:19:30 EST 2009

Folks,

Currently the GD and AGG renderer behaves differently when drawing a point
with no symbol specified. In the code I can see something like for AGG

if(style->symbol == 0) { // simply draw a circle of the specified color

ren->renderEllipse(p->x+ox,p->y+oy,size,size,0,agg_color,agg_ocolor,width);
        return;
    }

The corresponding code for GD looks like:

if(style->symbol == 0 && fc >= 0) { /* simply draw a single pixel of the
specified color */
    gdImageSetPixel(img, (int)(p->x + ox), (int)(p->y + oy), fc);
    return;
  }

Wouldn't it be reasonable to use the same approach for the different
renderers? I would prefer the AGG version to be followed.

Best regards,

Tamas