[mapserver-dev] RFC 57 - Labeling enhancements - Call for vote

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jul 6 10:54:18 EDT 2009

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Alan Boudreault wrote:
>> Devs,
>>
>> I'd like to call for vote on rfc 57
>> (http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-57.html). The rfc
>> propose to add the ability to repeat labels along a
>> line/multiline.
>>

> Alan,
>
> A little process detail: let's leave the RFC open for discussion for a
> few days before voting.
>
> Daniel

I thought this came up for discussion earlier, but may be that was pre
rfc discussion that I'm remembering. Anyway, the rfc looks pretty
straight forward and the algorithm sounds like it has been thought out
in some detail.  IIRC most of the prior discussion was on the mapfile
keyword but REPEATDISTANCE seems as good as anything that the moment.

-Steve W