[mapserver-dev] WMS 1.3.0 and styles

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Fri Jul 31 10:50:18 EDT 2009

Hi devs,

After having tested MapServer 5.4.2 compliance with WMS 1.3.0, there is
still a point which is not clear to me. It's about STYLES.
As I understood WMS 1.3.0 specs, SLD has disappeared from WMS 1.3.0 to
give place to named styles.

I've read many messages and docs, but I still can't find a proper
answer. So, here is the global question : is the mapfile able to
reference several named styles, with associated SLDs or inline classes ?
Can mapserver answer a getMap request using a named style using the
proper one ?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Guillaume Sueur