[mapserver-dev] Single-pass query RFC updated...

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jun 4 09:33:26 EDT 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I've updated RFC 52
> (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-52.html) to reflect work
> done at the code sprint and subsequent testing, thoughts about query
> files etc... I'd like to move on this relatively soon before it gets
> to hard to merge things. Please take a look and pass along comments.
> Paul R. and Jim K. can comment specifically on the performance
> improvements they've seen with PostGIS and Oracle respectively.

Steve,

The RFC looks good. Sounds like some good work was done at the code
sprint. I think it would be good to get these changes in sooner rather
than later so we get some additional experience working and testing the
code changes.

I agree that it is important that we get some feedback on the impact to
OGR and rasters. Maybe you need to rattle some cages if you want this
done before you start the merge.

-Steve W