[mapserver-dev] Single-pass query RFC updated...

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jun 4 12:06:47 EDT 2009

First, I am seeing a > 20x speedup with my WFS layers (60 to 100 MB of GML) sourced from an oraclespatial connection type using the single-pass code compared to trunk.

Second, just for my own clarification, the proposal is msSaveQuery will save the parameters that generated the query in the first place. Then msLoadQuery will re-execute the query from scratch. Right?

Jim K

>>> On 6/4/2009 at 12:15 AM, "Steve Lime" <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
Hi all: I've updated RFC 52 (http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-52.html) to reflect work done at the code
sprint and subsequent testing, thoughts about query files etc... I'd like to move on this relatively soon before it gets to hard to merge things. Please take a look and pass along comments. Paul R. and Jim K. can comment specifically on the performance improvements they've seen with PostGIS and Oracle respectively.