[mapserver-dev] LAYER EXTENT

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:56:09 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

layer->extent is used to provide data for msLayerGetExtent. If layer->extent
is set then this value is used, otherwise the  driver-specific
implementation is called which may be much slower and some of the drivers
don't implement to retrieve it. I assume layer->extent is defined in the
layer coordinate system.
I think you could easily use this in msLayerIsVisible (assuming it does
nothing if the extent is not set ). I don't see the necessity have an RFC
with this.

Best regards,

Tamas