[mapserver-dev] GAP with TTF symbols changed behavior in MapServer 5.0

Thomas Bonfort thomas.bonfort at camptocamp.com
Fri Jun 5 04:23:29 EDT 2009

I'll take the blame for that one, I made that change to follow the
documentation (which doesn't state that the symbol stays top-up, but
that a 180 degree rotation is applied). Not sure this is ever used
though, as there have been no bugs filed on this in nearly two years.

I'm not against reeanbling the previous behavior, although this would
remove the possibility to specify a simple that repeats along a line
but does not follow its orientation. I guess this can be overcome in
future versions, where GAP is moved into the styleObj, and angle can
be AUTO.

regards,
thomas

www.camptocamp.com