[mapserver-dev] Shapefile error. Not an inline layer

alberez alberez at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:41:38 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I'm developing an application using java mapscript. I'm trying to show the
information of a layer in a table, but I run into this error: "Shapefile
error. Not an inline layer". The code is as follows:

layer=getLayerByName(layerName);
layer.open();

for (int i = 0; i < layer.getNumFeatures(); i++)
{
	Shape=Capa.getFeature(i, -1);
	for (int j = 0; j < Shape.getNumvalues(); j++)
        {
		//TODO: Put the "Shape.getValue(i)" in a matrix
	}
}

Anybody knows how to solve this problem, or explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks a lot.