[mapserver-dev] Version 6.0 release plan...
Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 17 09:14:09 EDT 2009
Hi all: We've talked about releasing just before the conference in October and that's coming up
fast. A plan needs to be place soon, very soon. I created a skeletal version on the trac wiki a
What's really unknown is what folks are planning to add. Thomas has the output API in trunk
and the single-pass query stuff basically works in the sandbox but hasn't been merged. There
were lots of other topics dicussed at the sprint etc... that I don't know the status of:
- OpenGL support - RFC
- raster drawing improvements - from code sprint
- new method of configuring WxS services (OGC/WXS block?) - from code sprint
- XML mapfile (schema and stylesheet to go from xml to map) - from code sprint
- support for references (e.g. sharing styles or label defs across objects) - from code sprint
- more graphics enhancements (moving things like GAP, PATTERN to styles, etc...) - RFC
We'd need a feature freeze in mid-August I figure. Thoughts?
More information about the mapserver-dev