[mapserver-dev] RFC 52 updated, call for vote...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 17 17:01:08 EDT 2009

When drawing msLayersWhichItems() can still build an item list based on what's in the mapfile just as
it does currently. Queries have always retrieved all items, that's the new functionality. I propose making
sure various index tracking are complete in both cases so you could draw immediately after querying, for
example.

The RDMS sources have the ability to restrict attributes in SQL.

Your processing block seems like a shortcut in msLayerGetItems() which should return an array of items for
a layer. We could have that function check for the ITEMS processing tag and return that instead of going
to the data (which could be expensive I suppose).

Steve

<f3b73b7d0906171352t189cb344ofaa23434e4f1fed7 at mail.gmail.com>, Tamas Szekeres