[mapserver-dev] MS-RFC-55: Improving control of output resolution

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Wed Mar 11 11:19:00 EDT 2009

Excellent!

I am very happy to observe that, as a side-effect, support
for consistent symbol scaling (as suggested in RFC45 -
Symbology, Labeling, and Cartography Improvements) now is
gaining support.  :-)

Håvard Tveite

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> RFC 55 has been updated with the list of affected parameters. the new
> version should be online in the next hour at:
> http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-55.html
>
> I'll leave another day for comments and will call for a vote later this
> week if there are no more changes required.
>
> Daniel
>
> thomas bonfort wrote:
>> It will be up to the rendering code to decide what is scaled or not.
>> The RFC should probably go into more detail for exactly which
>> parameters will be affected by the scaling. Other candidates that come
>> to mind are:
>> * offsets (line, point, polygon)
>> * pattern (line)
>> * outlinewidth (labels)
>> * shadowsize, background-shadow-size (labels)
>> * buffer around labels (colision) ?
>> * minfeaturesize, mindistance (labels)
>>
>> thomas
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 17:58, Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> will this be applied to the gap in symbols?
>>>
>>> Paul

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/