[mapserver-dev] msautotest-wxs: how to suppress the header information?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:51:48 EDT 2009

2009/3/17 Normand Savard <nsavard at mapgears.com>

> Tamas,
>
> I checked how the tests works in mstestlib.py and the generated output.
>  When it's an wxs tests, if the output result is a png file, it's passed
> through the demime_file() function.  This function is called when
>  [RESULT_DEMIME] is part of the RUN_PARMS request.  It removes the
> Content-type.
>
> For the other tests like the ones in gdal or misc, shp2img is used and
> there is no such thing as Content-type in the png generated.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something so please do not hesitate to comment.

Uh, that explains many things but not all. It appears that this problem
should be dedicated to the difference of the line ending interpretation of
Windows and the Linux OS. On Windows we actually have 2 bytes to represent
the line endings (0x0D 0x0A) which should also be stripped. So the following
function would yield better results:

def demime_file( filename ):
    print '   demime  %s' % filename
    data = open(filename,'rb').read()

    for i in range(len(data)-1):
        if data[i] == '\n' and data[i+2] == '\n':
            open(filename,'wb').write(data[i+3:])
            return
    return

But I have further issues with the de-stripped png images. It appears that
the result provides invalid image unless I replace  each  0x0D 0x0A  with
0x0A in the png image file.

Best regards,

Tamas