[mapserver-dev] axios and MapServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 2 10:10:45 EST 2009

Mauricio Pazos wrote:
> Dear PMC, I am Mauricio Pazos from Axios. This year our development team was
> doing some experience with MapServer, the relevant activities were:
>
>  - Installing WFS, WMS to publish layers maintained in Oracle and Postgis.
>  - Codereview to know the source code.
>
> This experience was successful. The product's quality is excellent, so we are
> thinking to collaborate in the future (patches, improvements ,etc.).
>
> Right now we support uDig, GeoServer and Geotools, so we would like to add
> MapServer in that list. Could we include a link from http://www.axios.es to
> http://mapserver.org/ ? Is that possible?

Mauricio,

It does not appear that we keep track of organizations that provide MapServer
services on the mapserver.org web site.  However, I would encourage you to
add an entry listing Axios' services in the OSGeo Service Provider Directory.
This includes an item for MapServer support.

   http://www.osgeo.org/spd_help

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jeff,

It would be nice if there was a link to the service provider
directory - possibly pre-selecting a mapserver related query - in the
Community section of the web site.  I think this query gets all the
MapServer listings:

   http://www.osgeo.org/search_profile?SET=1&MUL_TECH%5B%5D=00018