[mapserver-dev] Update on 5.6 release

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 4 11:03:36 EST 2009

The rendering issues have been fixed as of this morning (thanks to Thomas and
Alan). The leak persists but shouldn't stop the beta, so +1...

Steve

>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> 11/03/09 9:17 PM >>>
Hi Dev's,

As you may be aware, the release of 5.6.0-RC1 has been delayed by a
combination of FOSS4G travel, the long list of open tickets that have
not been either addressed or pushed to 6.0 (currently 131), and a couple
of blocker issues on which we are still working.

However there are a good number of fixes that have been made since
beta4, and I would like to keep things running while we wait for those
issues to be resolved. So unless I hear objections, I will release
5.6.0-beta5 tomorrow... my goal is to encourage users to test that final
beta and then we could move more quickly to a release candidate once the
blocker issues (one memory leak and a couple of rendering issues) have
been resolved.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/