[mapserver-dev] Update on 5.6 release

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 3 22:16:45 EST 2009

Hi Dev's,

As you may be aware, the release of 5.6.0-RC1 has been delayed by a 
combination of FOSS4G travel, the long list of open tickets that have 
not been either addressed or pushed to 6.0 (currently 131), and a couple 
of blocker issues on which we are still working.

However there are a good number of fixes that have been made since 
beta4, and I would like to keep things running while we wait for those 
issues to be resolved. So unless I hear objections, I will release 
5.6.0-beta5 tomorrow... my goal is to encourage users to test that final 
beta and then we could move more quickly to a release candidate once the 
blocker issues (one memory leak and a couple of rendering issues) have 
been resolved.

Daniel Morissette

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list