[mapserver-dev] MapServer Logo...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 25 11:34:52 EST 2009

The recent post to the osgeo discussion list about project logos got me thinking *again* about logos and our lack of
anything official. There was a thread last year on the topic with an idea I had (see attached) based on a combination
of folded highway map and pixels. Some folks liked it, others thought it was too "Windows-ish". I still see
potential in it...

Anyway, I'd *really* like to do something on this. We could:

  - float my idea to user list asking for specific implementations with it as a base (a contest with a starting point),
might get some interesting variations

  - create a logo contest starting from scratch

  - commission a logo (need $'s)

Thoughts?