[mapserver-dev] MapServer 5.6.0-rc1 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 27 15:32:34 EST 2009

MapServer 5.6.0-rc1 (release candidate 1) has just been released and is
available for download at

   http://mapserver.org/download.html OR
   http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-5.6.0-rc1.tar.gz

Please also keep an eye on the 5.4 to 5.6 Migration Guide where we are
documenting migration issues for this release:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

We have fixed the blocker issues that were holding the release, and hope
that this release candidate can be promoted to final release next week
if no blocker issues are found.

Please test this release candidate with your applications. We need your
help to ensure a high quality product, and you can help out by testing
your applications with this release candidate and reporting your results.

Thanks for your help

The MapServer development team.

Version 5.6.0-rc1 (2009-11-27):
-------------------------------

- Fixed a problem with shape-based queries against projected layers when
   using a tolerance (#3211)

- Fixed long expression evaluation (#2123)

- Added simplfy and topologyPreservingSimplify to MapScript (#2753)

- Fixed Oracle FastCGI memory leak (#3187)

- layer->project flag not being reset properly for drawquerylayer (#673
#2079)

- OGC SLD: support multi-polygons geometries for filters embedded in
   an SLD (#3097)

- [WMC] embedded SLD in context does not work with namespace prefix (#3115)

- Support name aliases used in sld text symbolizer (#3114)

- decode html and unicode entities for polygon truetype symbol fills (#3203)

- Parse PropertyName parameter for wfs requests (#675)

- Fixed when saving a map, layer->transform isn't written properly in
   all cases. (#3198)

- Fixed buffer overflow in oracle spatial driver with large sql data (#2694)

- Improve FastCGI include file finding logic (#3200)