[mapserver-dev] spatial restriction for queries

Martin Kofahl M.Kofahl at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 09:02:27 EDT 2009

Hello!
I'm trying to complete enhancement #3116 (spatial oblogation per layer basis). Queries should be limited to the are a user is allowed to access. Because of the number of query functions, I need some help to figure out where the best place for checking access rights is. I'd manage this using msGEOSWithin().

For vector data all query function seem to depend on msLayerWhichShapes. If so, could MapServer 'simply' filter the list of shapes to be queried?

For raster data I'm still looking if there's a single core function where the check could be done.

On the other hand, I could extend the msQuery functions in mapquery.c in order to check the incoming selectshape or - for attribute search etc. - removing some items from the resultset afterwards.

Can you give me some advice? Thanks!
Martin