[mapserver-dev] 5.6.0-beta3 tomorrow

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 6 23:25:20 EDT 2009

Hi dev's,

This is a reminder that according to our schedule, we are due for
5.6.0-beta3 tomorrow. Unless we decide to push the beta a bit, I plan on
packaging it tomorrow (Wednesday) night.

A few issues have been resolved since last beta, but the list is still
very long. There are also several open tickets in Trac for past release
milestones that need to be cleaned up. I have started doing that today
and will continue tomorrow.
See the Roadmap page in Trac for an idea of what I mean:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/roadmap

It would be great if you could all take a bit of time to go through your
respective list of open tickets, and move those from the pre-5.6
milestones to 5.6 or 6.0 (depending on when you plan on addressing them).

Beta3 should have been the last beta according to our plan and next week
should be the first release candidate, but I don't feel that we'll be
ready and we may need to have at least another beta before the RC.

I think it could help to have an IRC meeting to talk a bit about the
release. Would Thursday morning at 11am EDT work for everyone?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=8&year=2009&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=165

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/