[mapserver-dev] MapServer 5.6.0-beta3 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 8 17:01:24 EDT 2009

MapServer 5.6.0-beta3 has just been released and is available for
download at

   http://mapserver.org/download.html OR
   http://download.osgeo.org/mapserver/mapserver-5.6.0-beta3.tar.gz

Please also keep an eye on the 5.4 to 5.6 Migration Guide where we will
document migration issues for this release:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/trunk/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

Some great progress has been made since beta2 as you can tell from the
list of fixes included at the end of this message, but there are a
couple of tricky issues that are still being worked on, so we will have
at least one other beta next week before we can have a release candidate.

Once again, we need your help to ensure a high quality product so please
help out by testing your applications with this new beta and reporting
your results.

Thanks for your help

The MapServer development team.

Version 5.6.0-beta3 (2009-10-07):
---------------------------------

- Fixed SDE layer seg fault (#3152)

- Fixed placement of labels using ANGLE AUTO which were not always
positioned
   correctly (#3160)

- Enable output of geometry in GML GetFeatureInfo if wms_geometries and
   wms_geom_type are specified (#2989)

- fix URN typo in mapwfs.c for urn:EPSG:geographicCRS:...

- don't apply scalefactor to label outlines (#3157)

- update namespaces and schema pointers (#2872)

- add RFC49 and RFC40 keywords to copy functions (#2865)

- minor fix to correct numberOfResults when maxfeatures is set in
   mapfile (#2907)

- Fixed possible crash with WFS GetFeature when no projection is specified
   at the map level (#3129)

- Fixed anchor point of vertically stacked bar graphs

- Fixed TEXT property that cannot be removed in the CLASS object.
   PHP/Mapscript (#3063)

- Fixed use of minfeaturesize auto with curved labels (#3151)

- Fixed msRemoveHashTable function when 2 keys have the same hash (#3146)

- Fix raster thread deadlock condition on posix/linux (#3145)

- Do not route thread debug output through msDebug which requires locking.

- Fix WCS coverage metadata handling if size/resolution missing (#2683).

- Fix WCS crash with use of datasets that aren't physical files (#2901).

- Fix WCS failure with WCS 1.1 OGC URN (urn:ogc:def:crs:OGC::CRS84) (#3161).