[mapserver-dev] Error Compiling Beta3 on MSVC 2008

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 9 08:48:51 EDT 2009

Debasish Sahu wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Can you help me compile trunk using MSVC2008 . I tried you build kit ,
> but the build fails with error.
>
> Do I need to make some changes in the config in buildkit  ?
>
> Thanks
> Debs
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Jeff McKenna
> <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Can someone else verify that Beta3 compiles on MSVC 2008?  I can
>     compile  trunk but not beta3.  Assefa, Tamas: do you have any issues
>     compiling on 2008 with beta3.
>
>     (might be a config problem on my part)
>
>     -jeff

Debs,

As I mentioned in my other post to you, you'll have to do a 'diff'
command in your text editor (Textpad has a 'compare files' option also)
between your last working nmake.opt, and your new nmake.opt (it is very
tedious, as I mentioned to you before....and I constantly make mistakes,
as is the case with this beta3).

For anyone wondering why it's so difficult: unix command to build
MapServer is one line; Windows config file is ~800 lines, yikes.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services