[mapserver-dev] Beta 5 or RC 1?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Oct 30 14:17:45 EDT 2009

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: I know folks are recovering from the conference or on walk about, etc... We should think about
> the next release though. We can either cut another beta or the first release candidate. I don't think
> there are any *big* bugs although there still seem to be some unresolved rendering issues between
> 5.4 and 5.6 pointed out by Havard.We can still fix issues within an RC but they should be pretty
> minor. Any preferences?

I just got back this morning and haven't had a chance to go through the
accumulated mail yet.

Do you have pointers to the rendering issues that you are referring to?

With respect to the Oracle leak, it may make Oracle hardly usable under
FCGI, but it is very hard to reproduce and if we treat it as a blocker
we could be stuck for a few weeks. Alan is currently working on it, he
has been able to reproduce it earlier but cannot any more (need to
figure out what happened). I suggest we don't treat it as a blocker and
release a first RC with this known issue. We'd try to fix it ASAP,
before the final release if possible, or in a point release if we cannot
solve it in time.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/