[mapserver-dev] Vote for MapServer 5.6 release plan

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Sep 8 12:14:29 EDT 2009

Daniel,

I would agree with Tamas on the Work in Progress section. I think it
would be appropriate to list "Work in progress" that is targeted for 6.0
and NOT 5.6 so that it is clear to anyone reading the plan.

I also assume that the 5.0 developments are happening in sandboxes or
local copies that the developers have checked out and that those changes
are NOT flowing into 5.6 without some specific discussion and approval
to that we maintain a stable release stream. I can potentially see some
generic changes "in preparation" for at code migrating to trunk if
discussed and approved, but I think it would be your job to say yeah/nay
on that kind of change as you need to manage risk/benefit and stability
on the release.

-Steve

PS: Thank you for taking on the release manager role again.