[mapserver-dev] Re: Please help tweak and test Mapserver on the FOSS4G DVD

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Sep 15 11:08:08 EDT 2009

I also have some comments inline below:

http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/workshop-5.4.zip

>   - PHP MapScript
>   - GMap PHP demo

Note that the GMap demo does not work with the current PHP version (5.3.0).

Others:

- shp2img and mapserv utilities in the user's PATH
- gdal/ogr utilities in user's PATH
- proj utilities in user's PATH

> 3- For the docs, we could possibly just include the Sphinx-generated PDF
> for v5.4 but that's not very user-friendly. A better option would
> probably be to package a snapshot of the website docs and include that
> on the DVD. Any preference?

I like that idea for docs.  Cameron let me know and I can upload an
archive of the docs in html format, as Daniel suggests.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services