[mapserver-dev] REST config API

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Apr 1 15:41:42 EDT 2010

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Steve,
>
> MXD is a binary file and its format is not published, so this is not
> possible.

Ah! that is a problem. Searching my systems for .mxd files shows them to
be binary as you say.

Someone sent me one that was an XML document so maybe there is an XML
counter alternative to the binary format or maybe there is a metadata
file related to the .mxd file that is in XML. Anyway I know mostly
nothing about ArcMap.

Ok, so back to your regularly scheduled thread about REST interface for
mapserver ...

Thanks,
   -Steve W