[mapserver-dev] Error in mapOracleSpatial.c ???

Sumit Sharma sumit321 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 04:04:08 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am working with c# mapscript with 5.6.3. I am facing very strange problem
while working with Oracle Spatial datasets.
I have two layers in oracleSpatial. I want overlapping shapes in these two
layers. For this I am calling whichShape and then nextShape on first layer.
Then on resultant shapes I call queryByRect on second layer.
Occationally queryByRect gives me courrupt memory error. On futher debuging
I found ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [17182], [0x1AF93B7A],
[], [], [], [], [], []

Following code works fine with all other dataset (PostGIS, shapefiles etc)
except Oracle Spatial.

//After which shape function call I am fetching shapes one by one.
while ((targetShape = TargetLayer.nextShape()) != null)
            {
                 //On bounds of resultant shape I am calling queryByRect on
other layer.
                 if (SourceLayer.queryByRect(SourceLayer.map,
targetShape.bounds) == (int)MS_RETURN_VALUE.MS_SUCCESS)
                {
                    resultCacheObj result = SourceLayer.getResults();
                    for (int resultCounter = 0; resultCounter <
result.numresults; resultCounter++)
                    {
                        resultCacheMemberObj resultCacheMember =
result.getResult(resultCounter);
                        shapeObj shape = new
shapeObj((int)MS_SHAPE_TYPE.MS_SHAPE_NULL);
                        SourceLayer.resultsGetShape(shape,
resultCacheMember.shapeindex, resultCacheMember.tileindex);
                    }
                }
                SourceLayer.close();
            }

One more strange thing happens before error occurs. If value of
result.numresults > 1 then it works fine on next queryByRect call. Only when
numresults==1, next queryByRect gives me ORA 600 error.
When queryByRect tries to open layer using "msOracleSpatialLayerOpen" , it
executes  if (!(msOCISetDataHandlers(hand, dthand)..., there it sets
hand->last_oci_error = 0x067ff478 "ORA-00600: internal error code,
arguments: [17182], [0x1AF93B7A], [], [], [], [], [], []"

Sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to dumb all my debugging findings.