[mapserver-dev] Global "Substitution" RFC

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 13:04:18 EST 2010

I would anticipate this would work in concert with all other substitution mechanisms and so the string parsing will require some serious consideration.

This RFC is a little more adventurous than the database-variable binding solution I purposed earlier.  I'm still working on doing the research for how the parsing would work, my hope was to spend some code-sprint time working on the exploratory bits if there was some interest.

I'm still working on acclimating to the formal processes of RFC submission and has presumed that I needed to purpose something before it was given an accepted number.