[mapserver-dev] Tile Mode Enhancements

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 18 16:50:40 EST 2010

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> In mode=tile, support for in-memory metatiling and rendering
> to/clipping from an expanded image buffer.
>
> Back when I put in tilemode, we discussed these enhancements as being
> pretty useful. And I've got a patch queued up to add them. Any
> concerns?
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3323

Hi Paul,

How does this relate, overlap or not to the WMS-C support that Assefa
has implemented?

Basically he has a patch that implements WMS-C tilecache support in
mapserver and does metatile rendering and tile slicing and implements a
tilecache using mapserver.

I have installed the patch here and added support for the configure and
the Linux build environment. It works really nicely. I think there are a
few rough edges, but it was pretty easy to setup and plug into openlayers.

Assefa mentioned that he might be interested in working on this at the
NY Code sprint. I'm sorry I missed the IRC yesterday and will not be at
the code sprint. I think it might be a good idea if you two got together
and combined efforts.

Best regards,
   -Steve W