[mapserver-dev] Motion: Commit rights for Dan Little

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Mon Feb 22 09:13:39 EST 2010

I am always trying to improve my English and look op the words and
expressions they didn't teach us at our (Dutch) school. Wikipedia says
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_swear):

"Traditionally, the pinky swear is considered binding and tantamount to
a handshake <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handshake> in terms of sealing
a deal. The pinky swear originally indicated that the person who breaks
the promise must cut off their pinky finger.^[2]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_swear#cite_note-1> In modern times,
pinky swearing is a more informal way of sealing a promise. It is most
common among school-age children and close friends. The pinky swear
signifies a promise that cannot be broken or counteracted by the
crossing of fingers <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossed_fingers> or
other such trickery.^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinky_swear#cite_note-2> The Pinky Swear
can be broken if all parties agree. Pinky promises are also only valid
if all parties agree prior to interlocking pinkies. If it is broken
without the consent of the other parties, that person is able to kill
the promise breaker. A pinky swear can however be broken if the majority
of candidates chose to break it."

I propose that these guidelines be added to the commiter guidelines in
RFC 7.1, corrected for spelling of course :-).

http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-7.1.html

Jan