[mapserver-dev] WorldMapping issue

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Feb 22 13:17:35 EST 2010

Tiling support in mapserver:

1) while is doesn't have it directly yet, Assefa as a patch the will
hopefully be included in MS 6.0 that adds WMS-C tile support to
mapserver with metatiling and edge buffering as Roger mentioned below.

2) tiling with mapserver has been available since it was implemented in
  php/mapscript and I ported that to perl/mapscript 4+- years ago as
part of ka-map. I have also written 2-3 tile generation programs in C
using mapserver as a library. In all of these we have metatile and edge
buffering support and labels look great.

-Steve W