[mapserver-dev] New website look and feel, call for vote...

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Jan 21 13:01:37 EST 2010

Hi All: I've been working with Howard and Jeff on applying a new look and feel to the MapServer website. The feedback received earlier
on the logo was positive so this is all based on that.  A preview based on the 5.4 docs trunk is at http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/ms_preview/.

Web design by committee is impossible so I'd like to call for a vote to roll this design out "as is" in the 5.6 branch docs. Tweaks to the CSS can
always be made as necessary. We've also talked about other homepage content changes but that will happen later.

Notes:

-          The color scheme is based on the logo colors. The red at the bottom is from a triadic scheme using the blue and green in the logo (I like color).

-          The font is Futura, I liked the lower-case "a" especially... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futura_%28typeface%29)

I'll start with a enthusiastic +1.