[mapserver-dev] Re: GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Thu Jul 8 23:23:17 EDT 2010

Hi Maaza: I don't think folks would withhold information for monetary reasons. You can't expect them to write an application for you but compilation tips and tricks are certainly freely given if someone is in the know. Solaris is increasingly rare so it's likely either someone hasn't done it recently or perhaps questions to the list weren't clear or complete (I didn't look to see if you posted...).

In general, questions with good basic information (versions, error messages, steps tried already) will be met with interest by the community.