[mapserver-dev] problem with euro symbol in getFeatureInfo request

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri May 21 14:50:50 EDT 2010

Hi Guillaume,

  I think http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3297#comment:4  sums
possibly the problem that you are having with encoding and
getfeatureinfo in general.
   From what I can  gather from these discussions is that we need to
agree/define first of all the internal encoding of MapServer and then
implement encoding support anywhere that is needed in MapServer. I guess
this would necessitate someone pushing it through an RFC. There might
also be a more local solution to just support the encoding at the OCG
level and solve issues described in this bug. This has limited usage but
might be something to consider for the 6.0 release, until a
comprehensive encoding support is implemented in MapServer.

regards,

On 21/05/2010 10:37 AM, Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error when firing a getFeatureInfo request on a record having
> a euro symbol in its values. This seems to be because mapserver can't
> encode it in iso-8859-1, which is quite normal.
> How could I fix the code to make MapServer use 8859-15 codepage ?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Guillaume

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst