[mapserver-dev] PostGIS "curvepolygon" support

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Nov 8 09:06:02 EST 2010

Hello devs,

there was a discussion going on about PostGIS "curvepolygon" support for
MapServer. At the moment polygons without curves are
drawn, the ones with curves not.

Here is the discussion link:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/PostGIS-curvepolygon-support-tt5372049.html

One of our customers would like to sponsor this implementation and would
like to know how much this enhancement would cost. It would be good if
you could handle polygons and curevepolygons in one MapServer layer from
TYPE POLYGON.

In the thread there was also the discussion about a solution which is
implemented in the PostGIS driver ...

>  Curiously could this mean adding to the PostGIS driver a means of
>  going from curve to shapeObj? As opposed to adding a curve shape
>  type within MapServer.

Could you please discuss a possible solution and estimate the costs? Who
would be the contact person concerning this enhancement?

Maybe there are other MapServer users interested in this enhancement and
would also sponsor the implementation.

--

Best regards

Astrid Emde