[mapserver-dev] OpenGL check in

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 06:38:50 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:31, Toby Rahilly <toby.rahilly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have checked in the Opengl update to the mapserver6 sandbox.
>
> Still TO DO:
> * Optimized by using textures for symbols and not creating an OpenGL
> context for every new image.
> * I was not able to get line symbols to work in any renderer, have
> they changed for Mapserver 6?

what kind of line symbols are you referring to?
- marker symbols placed along a line (that would be a bug worth investigating)
- symbols used as a brush smoothly along a line: this isn't
implemented in the plugin renderers, as only agg supports it. todo.

> I have tested on Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8 both with Nvidia drivers.
>
> Any testing on other platforms/video cards would be greatly
> appreciated, thanks Tamas! You will need to compile with the FTGL
> library which is used for text rendering. The driver is "OGL".
>
> You can compare some renderings here:
>
> agg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/convolous/5184383842/
> opengl: http://www.flickr.com/photos/convolous/5184384174/

any info on the timings using each renderer?

cheers,
thomas